Questions to Ask in an Interview
Posted on September 21, 2016 by SnapDragon Associates
Compiled here is a list of the best questions to ask during an interview!
- How will my performance be measured and by whom?
- Why is there an opening? (New position, Is it funded on a grant, or a Replacement)
- When do you need someone on-board?
- Can you describe a typical day for this position?
- Has this position been difficult to fill? If so, why?
- What was it about my experience or background that you liked that made you bring me in for an interview?
- Now that we have talked, do you feel comfortable forwarding my name on in the process?
- If yes, Thank the interviewer and ask, who will that be going to and what is that timetable?
- If No or Not sure, Can you tell me what’s is missing or what you need to know about me to be comfortable and forward my name?
- How long have you been employed here?
- Less than 10 yrs – “What attracted you to this company?
- More than 10 yrs – why have you stayed or what do you like about this company?
At the end of every interview, ask for a business card with their direct number and email to follow up with!
Written by: Gary Whitmarsh, Executive Recruiter
firstname.lastname@example.org – 603-621-9037 ext. 112